Proudly supported By The BCA
Lorikeet Street Reserve Bushcare Group
Brand new bushcare group (through Ipswich City Council) to rehabilitate and maintain this 5 acre public reserve at Bundamba which is habitat to a long-standing flying fox colony. This green space runs along a stream that leads to Bundamba Creek and is host to a subtropical rainforest plant community.
Bushcare and Parkcare volunteers provide a key role in supporting their Group Leaders to effectively run a Bushcare or Parkcare Program. The position undertakes natural area regeneration activities in consultation with their Group Leader and Ipswich City Council Officers.
- Participate in planning, hazard identification and risk assessment of work activities
- Report any new work hazard(s) to your supervisor
- Undertake work only for which you are competent and skilled
- Question any actions or decisions that you think are unsafe
- Follow documented work instructions, control measures and procedures
- Actively participate in all training provided
- Correctly use and maintain PPE provided, protect yourself, your colleagues, and others
- Consider safety every day.
Register directly via email or through the form below